After reading FirstEnergy's response to the WV PSC's initial twelve General Investigation questions, I gotta admit, Martha has a point! Among other spurious responses that I'm just not going to deal with here (Potomac Edison can figure this crap out on their own without my help this time), FirstEnergy assures the PSC that:
1. There were only 420 complaints about billing/excessive estimates from 522,882 customers in 2013. Only 420 customers were unhappy enough to complain to the company.
2. Potomac Edison/Mon Power have 5 more meter service personnel now than they did back in 2011, before the Allegheny/FirstEnergy merger.
3. Mon Power and PE obtain actual meter readings, in accordance with their tariffs, on a bi-monthly
4. FirstEnergy believes that the short term integration issues have been remedied and that customer complaints should decline over the remaining part of 2013. FirstEnergy is continuing to investigate all customer complaints and proactively contacting customers with known concerns. (How does a "concerned" customer make himself known? Is there some special mental telepathy signal distressed customers emit that can be picked up by company equipment?)
5. Customer satisfaction: A combined 73% of WV customers rated FirstEnergy with 9 or 10 with 10 being the highest. (Scale is 1 to 10).
Say what?? 73% of FirstEnergy's West Virginia customers give the company a 9 or 10? Where are these folks? I could stand on any sidewalk in Jefferson County and ask 10 people if they've had problems with their electric bill, and if all 10 of them don't say yes, the ones who haven't had a personal problem know someone else who has. I think FirstEnergy needs some new customer satisfaction statistics. Can you help them out?