Since our websites are varied and contain only one common element -- PATH -- it's not a stretch to believe that Cyveillance's clients are PATH partners American Electric Power and Allegheny Energy.
For a fee, Cyveillance will monitor the internet 24/7 and provide to the client:
1) the combination of people, process and technology that delivers the most advanced and reliable intelligence on company-specific activities. We monitor the internet around-the-clock for company-specific threats, including:
- Planned boycotts against products and services
- Organized demonstrations
- Planned activities to interrupt business operations and events
- Smear campaigns and dissemination of misinformation
- Threats - including physical threats against employees, corporate officers, facilities and resources
- Solicitations to conspire against the organization
Last time I checked, this was still America the Beautiful and citizens have every right to express their opinions and peaceably assemble. We aren't doing anything illegal, shady or wrong -- au contraire -- we are on the side of right. Our websites have always been open to anyone who wants information. No high-priced cyber-spying required!
How does your corporate reputation look now, AEP & Allegheny? What's next? Black sedans with tinted windows following me while I pick up my dry-cleaning or Jim Fields (if that is indeed the real name of AE's "corporate security" guy) digging through my garbage cans? (Bring lots of tape, Jim, I use a shredder).
The citizen opposition groups will not be intimidated. We're right, we're strong, we're determined, we're backed by the truth and we're not going away. In fact, like a snowball rolling downhill, we gather more mass everyday. Allegheny and AEP seem to be their own worst enemies in the court of public opinion. Perhaps they should try some new tactics for a change, like integrity, honesty and concern for "the little people" whose lives they are destroying?
At the end of the day we're just like you employees of Allegheny and AEP after you leave the office. We have lives, families, jobs, hobbies, interests, talents, bills to pay, challenges, loves and disappointments. We're just trying to handle what life throws at us to the best of our abilities. We're real people. Corporations and their thirst for the almighty dollar are not. Quit throwing good money after bad and change your tactics. Your shady status quo practices are not working for you.