Goodies now on the table for the town:
- $250,000 per year for the useful life of the sludge pond (but the effects of the toxins will live on forever). The $250,000 is supposed to reduce or eliminate property taxes in the town and will begin when the town rolls over and issues FE's permit.
- $250,000 for "municipal improvements" to begin when the poisoning starts with actual dumping.
- $25,000 a year for 4 years, beginning in 2011, to non-profit organizations.
- $10,000 annually "to help the township pay for technical services needed for the permitting process and inspections of the facility."
- However, the public water deal is off the table now. FE's flack says that they had nothing to do with that "offer." I guess the water company just saw a great opportunity to own a monopoly on water in the town by requiring all residents to hook up to their system, generating lots of new revenue. Although, FE shouldn't be so hasty to poo-poo the idea... just think of all the opportunities FE would have to add a little of their special koolaid to the system to keep the town quiet and happy to be poisoned. Ut-oh, FE, you missed the boat!!
Wow! What a deal!!!! Who needs Billy Mays when FE can make being poisoned sound so good! Let's all move to Greene Township where we won't have to pay any property taxes, our streets will be lined with gold, there's plenty of charitable hand-outs (let's hope they're going to offer free health care!), and a "special" inspector keeping poisoning levels to the max!
In fact, let's go check it out tomorrow! FE is having an "Open House!" Oh how us PATH opponents love a good power company Open House Charlie Foxtrot!! Do you suppose they'll be serving free Jim Jones Koolaid and Propaganda Pastry to go along with their hired police protection, just in case someone "raises their voice?"
What: FirstEnergy Open House about proposed waste disposal facility for coal combustion byproducts
When: 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Hookstown Volunteer Fire Department, 102 Silver Slipper Road, Hookstown
Don't forget to bring your camera! Lots of great photo ops in the making! Who's in for another fun road trip?